Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oh how life changes...

Hello everyone,
I know that it's been a while since my last post. Things have really been up heaved in my life. After almost 23 years at my job, I was laid off a couple of weeks ago. Never in my life have I been unemployed. While I kinda knew that it was coming, our company has been struggling for a while, it was still a shock to hear the words out loud. Now, I am not sure what to do. I haven't done anything since then. Clean, paint my spare room, drink beer, put my head in the sand. Today was the first day that I decided to really try to get "back into the world". I have some job leads that I'll be following up on. It's just that I really don't know which way to turn. Now that I have this "do over" in front of me. Do I stay in the same field or try something completely different? Do I take a job just to have a job? A couple of friends have suggested that I take the summer off to regroup and decide what I should do. Financially, I can't do that. Unemployment is certainly not what I thought it would be.
Other then that, there hasn't been much happening that is blog worthy.
The weather is getting nicer and I try to get out and walk. Perhaps I can use this time "off" to work off my fat ass?!
See I just don't have much to say. Hopefully, my frame of mind will be better soon.
For now...Nelle.

1 comment:

  1. OH NO!!!!! Unemployment IS time off, but without pay plus lots of worry:(
    What would you LIKE to do?
    What are you qualified to do?
    And....what pays the bill best?
    I'm at a crossroads myself, I need to do something new. After 11 years I'm tired of working with kids. I have felt like a mother since I was 10 years old, I helped raise my siblings, then I raised my own 2 and have cared for a generation of others.
    I'm thinking of the medical field, perhaps a Dr.
    JUST KIDDING!
    Hang in there, and for heavens sake...keep me posted :)

    ReplyDelete