My hope is that all of you reading this had a wonderful Christmas holiday. If you were anywhere in the Midwest, you had to spend a good deal of time shoveling snow...many inches of snow. My travel plans changed due to the fact that I didn't want to drive in the crappy weather.
So now we begin the new week thinking of where the last year went and what great things we will accomplish in the new year. I'm wondering why we do that and does any body really fulfill the long list of "resolutions". I want to make this year different. To be accountable for the resolutions that I made sitting by myself on New Year's Eve. Maybe if I share them with you with specifics and then report to you how I am doing. Can you help me with that? Maybe you can share your resolutions with me and we can help each other.
So here we go (no laughing or judging. Some will be stupid and simple)
1. Balance my checkbook each payday. I don't know why this is so hard to do but I hate it and I want to be more on track. This will help me to have my bills more organized and pay them on time and not just within the grace period.
2. Exercise more - I need to have a healthier live style and I'm going to be in a wedding next November. I will be 10 years older then all the other bridesmaids and I want to look my best.
3. Don't let the laundry pile up too high.
4. Clean the house so that I won't be embarrassed if somebody just stopped by.
5. Buy a house - this one I am actively working on. I'm going to see a house for the second time. More on that later.
6. Get a library card. Simple and should have done it sooner. We have a great library - brand new and I haven't even been inside.
7. Entertain more often.
8. Here's a no brainer...blog more, Duh!
So there it is...literally out there in black and white. Perhaps this will be the year that I change my ways and actually accomplish those goals.
So what do you have on your "resolution" list? Share some with me and maybe this will be the year for both of us to accomplish those goals.
Happy New Year, blogworld. God Bless