Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What in the world have I been up too....

Hello all,

Once again, I've been a slacker here in the blog world. Sorry.

In re-reading my last post I discovered what you all probably already knew....snore! How could I just ramble on about that crap? Going forward, I will try to be a little more uplifting.

So what have I been up to? Well, I am still working the temporary job assignment. It's been extending twice...now through the end of the year. It's in a town about 30 miles from me and the hours are from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. I do like the work and the people. I don't however, look forward to the drive in the wintertime. The hours are a little tough because I need to get up at around 4 - 4:30 am. YUP! I said 4:00. When I bar tend one night a week, I get a little tired.

I have been busy working at the bar. Those of you who follow me may remember that I have been a bartender at a little home town bar for about 20 years. In fact, next year it will be 20 years. I am going to have to start filling you all in about the characters there. Some have become life long friends and some....well let's just say I have called the police on them. We have everybody from millionaires to the homeless and everyone in between.

I also went to Vegas for my friend's 40th birthday. This trip was already planned prior to my getting laid off. It was fun...not fabulous. I think I expected more out of Vegas. I did see a couple of shows while I was there. Vegas the show and Peep Show. One was good and one was okay. I am not much of a gambler so I spent my money shopping. I almost got a tattoo but thought that I had some interviews coming up and decided that wouldn't look very professional. I should have gotten the tattoo because I never got the interviews. UGH!!!!

I also took a class on embroidery. It's a group of women that meet monthly at my favorite quilt shop. I'll post more on my project with some pictures later. Now I am discovering new embroidery blogs and I love them as much as the quilting and knitting ones. If only I was dog-ass tired when I get home maybe I would accomplish a little more.
I hope that you are still out there and let me know what's going on with you. I will try to be attentive.

ttyl

nelle (ellsworth)

No comments:

Post a Comment